What Are The 30 Questions To Ask When Considering IT Managed Services?
Most small business owners have to watch their spending. They can’t just run out and buy dozens of new computers or servers. They must watch every dollar they spend in order to be profitable. Technology is bursting at the seams, and those companies that have the money to purchase the latest IT solutions can boost their productivity and efficiency. But if you don’t have the money that they do, how can you compete with them?
You read about the newest breakthroughs in data management and exciting new developments in machine learning. Machine learning can change the way you interact with your customers online. It’s reshaping commerce. With it, you can utilize its power to anticipate and meet customer needs more readily. But if you can’t take advantage of these latest technologies your business can fall behind others that do.
Wouldn’t it be great to have all that powerful technology working for you? But how can you do this if you must watch every dollar you spend? You can’t afford to waste money on technology resources–they can be expensive. And if you have an in-house IT team, they may not be up to the challenge of managing new developments like Cognitive Technology.
Is There A Solution?
The good news is that there’s a way to level the playing field when it comes to technology – and that’s by using Managed IT Services. With a Managed Service Provider (MSP), you’ll benefit from well-trained and highly experienced technical engineers to help you learn about, install and set up these new devices for an affordable price. They’ll also help you get the best prices on the latest hardware and software.
How Do We Find The Right Managed Service Provider?
Ask These 30 Questions
Do your research when looking for an MSP. A great Managed IT Service Provider will be interested in helping you succeed. And, make sure their business practices align with your own.
Ask the tough questions. By speaking with an MSP and getting to know their business philosophy, you can find the one that will help you grow your business. Below, we go over 30 important questions to ask a potential MSP.
6 Questions to Ask Regarding Your Contract and Fees
- Will you include an assessment of our IT infrastructure before providing projected service fees? If so, is there a separate cost for this?
- Do you have case studies or ROI assessments detailing the cost and benefits of your proposed solution based on the data I’ve provided?
- How can we retrieve our data if our contract with you is terminated?
- Is your Service Level Agreement consistent for all customers or is this negotiable?
- Can a break clause be initiated if we decide to terminate our contract?
- Does contract flexibility include monthly and annual payments with capping on yearly rate hikes?
6 Questions to Ask When Developing the Service
- What is your average network uptime performance?
- Are you able to diagnose and remedy service issues remotely without our IT team intervening?
- Do you offer customized solutions regarding growth plans and achievable goals?
- What metrics do you use to assess speed, reliability and overall performance?
- Do you have a list of tiered features and capabilities?
- Which software, professional services automation (PSA) or remote monitoring management (RMM) do you use in your managed services operations?
6 Questions to Ask Regarding Your Data Management
- What methods do you use to protect data?
- Who will have access to my data?
- How are data backups and disaster recovery handled?
- What redundancy gets built into the backup solution?
- Do you host multiple clients on the same systems in a multi-tenant environment or exclusivity in-area?
- What measures and processes are in place to protect my data against security breaches or data leaks?
6 Questions to Ask Regarding the MSP’s Credibility and Capabilities
- How many years have you been providing IT managed services?
- Can I meet the team members providing my support?
- What is your level of expertise in our industry regarding regulatory compliance requirements?
- Do you employ a dedicated staff or do you hire temporary/contractor employees?
- What industry credentials or certifications do your company and your technical staff carry?
- How does your IT service desk team stay current with new technology developments and trends?
6 Questions to Ask Regarding the MSP’s Support Model
- How is IT support provided?
- Is emergency support available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week?
- Will you provide references from existing clients who we can call?
- Do you include communication channels such as telephone, email, portal access, and live chat?
- What type of training will you provide for our in-house IT staff to educate them?
- What percentage of issues are confirmed as resolved at first contact by your helpdesk?
What Else Should I Know About IT Managed Services?
Review these 30 questions, then think about what your company needs to move to the next level. A few things are consistent, such as the need for access to responsive techs who can handle requests and incidents quickly and provide the results your business needs.
In the end, your Managed Service Provider should be able to help you assess your current IT infrastructure and determine what you need to provide your customers with a better online experience and improve your staff’s productivity for better all-around efficiency.
Looking for more IT information for your business in the Beaumont-Port Arthur Metro Area? Visit our Blog. Here’s an example of what you’ll find: