With security and compliance being such a big issue, today’s financial services firms need to be extremely cautious when working with third-party vendors.
That includes their IT people. Any type of data leak can bring about a massive investigation for Banks, Credit Unions, Money Managers, Private Lenders and Accounting Firms. And if vulnerabilities are found, this can result in fines.
In spite of all the rules and regulations, big financial services companies like Experian and Equifax have endured an embarrassing and expensive data breach in recent years. Did they learn any important lessons? Yes, indeed! They all claim to have learned a great deal, but these are costly lessons that can damage a company’s reputation for years to come.
Security Awareness Training
The hard truth is that your IT security is only as good as your people are. If your employees have been well-trained in this area—if they know how to spot a phishing email, then your chances of avoiding a data breach go down. In spite of all the latest security technology, your employees can be your weakest link or your greatest asset. It just depends on whether you’ve taken the time to train them properly.
Security awareness training is essential for all employees today. Even smaller financial services firms are now at risk. That’s because hackers have learned that smaller companies sometimes cannot afford the strong security measures that larger firms have. Smaller firms often have a small in-house IT staff that may not stay up-to-date on the latest cyber threats. If this sounds like you, then it may be time to look at some different options.
Is Your Personal Information For Sale On The Dark Web?
In today’s financial industry, investors and clients want to be able to do business without the fear that their personal information will wind up for sale on the Dark Web.
Discovery IT can help you harden your defenses, so that cyber thieves cannot penetrate your systems. Plus, we’ll streamline your daily operations so work gets done faster and your services are delivered more efficiently to your clients. Downtime is not an option.
Your financial services firm runs on data-driven information and infrastructure.
At Discovery IT, when we manage your IT infrastructure, your company can get back to the business of lending, raising capital, and investing without any nagging fears. We assess your technology to see if there are vulnerabilities, then we shore up those weak areas. In addition, our team will ensure that your technology is serving your needs the way it should be. We will keep things running at peak efficiency.
Global markets operate around the clock these days and so should your IT services company. Missing a key trade, or lost business opportunity because of IT issues could cost your firm millions of dollars. Our team is dedicated to keeping your systems running smoothly around the clock. We know that you must focus on your business; not your technology. When you have an IT partner like Discovery IT, your business can be more nimble, without worrying about whether your technology can keep up.
Worried About Compliance?
with regulations like PCI, FISMA, and Sarbanes-Oxley, and GLBA. We will provide solutions to help your organization meet regulatory IT requirements.
Discovery IT provides services for the Financial Industry that deliver outstanding results. You can excel in your sector with these and many other services:
- Mobilized access for your data so you and your staff can work at home or on the go as easily as in the office without sacrificing confidentiality.
- Expertise in the financial software you use every day, including QuickBooks, Jack Henry Systems, CCH Pro Systems, Peachtree and more.
- Comprehensive security for your workstations, servers, network and mobile devices, so your clients’ data stays safe, and you stay compliant.
- Internal and external cyber security vulnerability testing, assessments and remediation services.
- Structured, professional cyber security training and testing services.
- Reduced technology overhead with predictable fixed monthly costs – protect your IT budget from spikes that can put you in the red.
- Automatic backup and disaster recovery services so you and your staff can easily access important data and stay operational during a disaster.
- Rapid remote support from our Service Desk, so you have immediate assistance with any IT issues you face.
In the financial services industry, your IT systems are your most critical tool, and downtime or cyber security breaches can cost you millions of dollars, and severely damage your reputation. At Discovery IT, we specialize in making sure you’re ready for business, without interruptions.
We’ll get to know you and your business and learn about your operational objectives. If you’d like to learn more, then let’s get started!
Give us a call now at (409) 240-0686