Why Do You Need An MSSP?
Cyber threats are constantly evolving and becoming increasingly more sophisticated.
Even large enterprises like Facebook, Home Depot and Target, continue to be attacked, even though they spend millions to protect their businesses from cyber-attacks. These large organizations typically have the technical and financial resources to recover from these cyber-attacks, however, when it comes to small and mid-sized businesses, it is usually a much different story.
Research conducted by the National Cyber Security Alliance found that:
- Almost 50 percent of small businesses have experienced a cyber-attack.
- More than 70 percent of attacks target small businesses.
- As much as 60 percent of hacked small and medium-sized businesses go out of business after six months.
You Need The Defense-in Depth IT Security An MSSP Provides
According to the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), a great deal of software is designed and written in a way that leads to total compromise when a firewall or other security systems are breached.
Unfortunately, most small and mid-sized businesses simply do not have the financial or technical resources to design, build and manage a proper cybersecurity defense strategy from the ground up. And this is why your SMB is in the bull’s eye for hackers. Because they know that your security systems and protocols are lacking, so they see you as an easy target.
That’s exactly why you need the 24/7 protection and expertise that only an IT Security Expert can provide. And this is where an MSSP comes into the picture.
How Will An MSSP Protect Your Business IT?
An MSSP provides complete Managed IT Security Services to protect your data and your organization. They provide routine security scans, penetration and vulnerability testing and other security management processes to ensure the security of your organization and data.
They respond to today’s growing threats by using smarter 24/7 intelligence-driven monitoring and services that focus on maximizing security and minimizing damage.
MSSPs provide outsourced security services and use tools that include:
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) that identifies, monitors, records and analyzes security events in real-time. This provides a centralized and comprehensive view of the security posture of your IT infrastructure.
- Intrusion Detection Systems to automatically alert them when someone or something is trying to compromise your information system through malicious activities or through security policy violations.
- Intrusion Protection Systems that monitor network traffic and take action when an incident occurs based on prescribed rules. This is an active, real-time device, and will protect your network from threats, such as denial of service (DoS) and unauthorized usage.
- Next-Generation, Multi-Layer Firewalls to provide a first line of defense to block unauthorized access and unauthorized Web users or illicit software from gaining access to your network.
- Antivirus Solutions that detect, prevent, and remove viruses, worms, malware and new threats from infecting your computers.
- Vulnerability Testing to assess the security strength of your network. It locates the vulnerabilities and security gaps that can compromise the overall security, privacy and operations of your network.
- 24/7 Monitoring and Alerting of security systems and events in order to provide time-critical response to cybersecurity threats and weaknesses.
- End-user Cybersecurity Training and Testing delivered in a programmatic and verifiable format, which ensures that your employees will become cybersecurity “aware.”
- Off-Site Data Backups to protect you from crypto-locker and ransomware cyber-attacks.
- Cybersecurity Liability Insurance to provide financial protection from cybercrimes and breaches.
- Compliance Management to assist you with industry standards compliance or government regulations your business must adhere to.
Where Can You Find A Managed Security Service Provider?
Contact Discovery IT. We’re your local MSSP and will ensure that your network, data and business in Nederland, TX are secure from today’s sophisticated cyber threats. Experience the difference a professional IT service provider can make.
Discovery IT is one of south Texas’ fastest growing managed IT service companies. That’s because we stand behind our promises and deliver reliable services each and every day to our customers. Give us a call now at (409) 240-0686