Today’s construction companies use programs and resources that you won’t find in other businesses.
From construction estimating software to platforms that can handle an architect’s drawings like CAD programs, this industry is unique.
There are so many different types of workers both in the office and out in the field. Simple collaboration can be challenging. But that’s what it takes in order to build a new shopping center or a tall skyscraper. Engineers and architects must work with foremen and people back at the office in real time.
Due to the distinctive nature of the construction world, managed service providers must understand this industry. Though all providers could offer a basic level of service, you will miss out on many important services. And it doesn’t cost more to get a managed IT company that knows the construction business.
What Are The Benefits Of Working With A Managed Service Provider?
If you run a construction company, large or small, you can benefit in so many ways by working with an IT company including the following:
- Supporting the technologies that run your critical core applications such as estimating, accounting, project management, document management and scale management.
- Access to highly trained and specialized staff.
- Extensive experience with supporting software such as Sage, JD Edwards, Quickbooks and Autocad programs.
- Fully managed Cyber security systems and services to protect your users and data from cyber-attacks.
- ully managed backup and disaster recovery services to ensure your data is safe no matter what.
- Affordable and comprehensive services, such as standard IT solutions, to go along with the specialized services.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) and remote access solutions that allow your team to work from any location or device.
Do You Have An In-House IT Staff?
Many construction companies do have an in-house IT department. This practice is getting harder to justify though. You have to provide space and equipment for your IT team. Plus, you’ll have to pay good salaries or else they’ll move on as soon as a better paying position comes along. You’re also expected to provide insurance, benefits and annual vacations. If someone calls in sick, you still have to pay their salary even though you’re left one employee short.
One solution that has worked for many construction companies is keeping on a small in-house IT staff to work on small issues like malfunctioning computers, but hiring a managed service provider to handle bigger projects. This frees up your in-house IT people to focus on other projects but your company will still have an experienced team working on your IT infrastructure.
How’s Your Cyber Security?
When you work with our team of IT specialists, you can reduce your downtime related to IT issues. Your staff can work efficiently because your software and hardware will operate at maximum efficiency. Our IT team will make sure you stay up-to-date on the latest security threats.If you can avoid just one data breach or ransomware attack, that in itself will pay for the service. And security has never been more important for construction companies.
Hackers are successfully breaking into even the most sophisticated Fortune 500 companies. Each day you hear on the news that some large hospital, retailer, bank or social media company was breached. The cost of a data breach has now risen to over a million dollars, and statistics show that many companies do not recover from a cyber-security breach.Do you have the latest and best security protocols in place? And how do you know? Most construction companies are living dangerously with improperly configured and unmanaged firewalls and antivirus programs purchased right off the shelf. That means it’s only a matter of time until an employee clicks on a bad link and downloads a virus which destroys your data.
With a managed services provider, you can get a fully-managed and layered security system which protects all your valuable data. We will also professionally train your employees how to avoid the latest phishing emails and social engineering attacks. For the future of all businesses, it is critically important to stay on top of cyber security and ahead of cyber thieves.
Cloud Services from Discovery I.T.
The cloud can give your construction company the outreach it needs to be more mobile. Cloud services have a lot to offer. Discovery IT offers a full suite of dependable cloud services with a long list of benefits including:
- Customized: Your construction business has its own unique needs so your cloud services must be personalized.
- Scalable: Your construction company will grow, but you may have seasons where business is slow. The cloud allows you to scale up or down as needed.
- Mobile: You have people working from a truck, a construction site, from the road or the office. You can collaborate from any Internet-enabled device.
- Cost-effective: With more efficient technology, you can streamline all services and improve your bottom line.
If you’re ready to experience the difference a professional IT service provider can make, why not contact us at (409) 727-7080? Discovery IT is one of south Texas’ fastest growing managed IT service companies. That’s because we stand behind our promises and deliver reliable services each and every day to our customers. Schedule an appointment today to speak with one of our IT consultants about what we can do for your construction company in Nederland.
- 1 Today’s construction companies use programs and resources that you won’t find in other businesses.
- 1.1 From construction estimating software to platforms that can handle an architect’s drawings like CAD programs, this industry is unique.
- 1.2 What Are The Benefits Of Working With A Managed Service Provider?
- 1.3 Do You Have An In-House IT Staff?
- 1.4 How’s Your Cyber Security?
- 1.5 Cloud Services from Discovery I.T.
- 1.6 Contact Us