Break/Fix vs Managed IT Services
You probably are unhappy if you’re using break-fix services. This is when an IT company only shows up when something goes wrong. A tech comes and charges you by the hour to make repairs. You might think that this is the most affordable way to go, but it’s not – Why? Because break-fix companies make more money when your technology continues to break. And because they charge by the hour, they have no incentive to fix things quickly.
What’s Wrong With Using Break/Fix Services?
Break/Fix services are reactive. This means that your IT isn’t monitored for reliability and security. It sets you up for downtime. Just a few days of downtime can set you back in productivity. And, when you can’t work, you aren’t making money. Not only are you paying for hourly service that you can’t control, but you’re also losing money from IT interruptions and downtime.
Break/Fix Service Can Really Cost You
- When a tech pops in and out, he won’t have the knowledge about your IT system that he should. As a result, he’ll take longer to solve problems.
- There’s no incentive for your tech to get to the root of the problem. The more your technology breaks, the more money he makes.
- There’s no guarantee for the services they provide. If things repeatedly break down, you’ll continue to be billed to fix them.
- You can’t budget for IT services because you can’t predict what you’ll be charged for.
As a result, many companies end up spending the same amount in a few months for break/fix services than they would for an entire year of Managed IT Services. If you’re using break/fix services, no wonder you’re unhappy with your current IT support.
Why Are Managed IT Services Better?
The goal of managed services is to lower your IT costs. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) monitor the health of your IT system proactively. This prevents downtime. Plus, they can fix issues remotely and quickly before you even notice there’s an issue.
What Are The Benefits of Managed IT Services?
- Because your IT system is monitored proactively, your tech professional is familiar with it. If there’s a problem, they can usually get you back up and running quickly.
- You get everything you need for a fixed fee each month. You have a contract with your MSP that includes all the services and support to keep your technology running reliably and securely.
- You can easily budget for IT services because your costs are predictable.
- With Remote Monitoring & Management, IT interruptions, downtime and breaches are minimized. You’ll have the peace of mind that your technology will be there when you need it.
- You’ll have 24/7 service and access to a help desk that’s staffed by experienced IT professionals. This means you’ll always have immediate, expert-level support.
- You can lower your IT infrastructure expenses. Your MSP can help you reduce the need for onsite solutions by using their data centers. Not only can you save on hardware but also the energy and space it uses.
- With IT solutions that run as they should, your staff will remain productive. Plus, they won’t have to worry about IT problems and can focus on their work. This will not only save you money but make you money.
Not Sure If You’re Unhappy With Your Current IT Support? Don’t Know What You Should Expect?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions below, it’s time to switch from break/fix to Managed IT Services:
- Does it take too long for your tech to respond to your service requests?
- Do they promise to get back to you soon, but they don’t?
- Do you get techs who don’t know your IT system and have to spend time getting up to speed?
- Are you paying for IT support, but you don’t know what your tech is doing?
- Does it seem like new IT problems surface all the time?
- Are you worried about the security of your data?
Still Not Sure?
Visit our Blog.