Discovery IT’s XDR Cybersecurity Service Protects Your Desktops
Are you expecting a traditional antivirus solution to keep you secure from today’s advanced threats? Modern threats require modern solutions. Discovery IT will equip you with a robust XDR cybersecurity solution that continuously keeps an eye on your systems and protects your data.
Do you have cybersecurity expertise on your IT team?
It’s understandable if you don’t. IT professionals with skills and experience in cybersecurity are in high demand, making them hard to find and expensive to hire.
That’s why so many businesses tend to cut corners on cybersecurity. They deploy basic, legacy antivirus software and firewalls and hope for the best.
The fact is that having the right cybersecurity technology is just a part of doing business in today’s world. In fact, cybersecurity solutions like antivirus software accounted for $23 billion in annual revenue last year — it’s likely that you contributed to that in some small way.
But are you sure traditional antivirus software is enough to keep your organization secure? Or do modern threats require more advanced protection?
Is Antivirus Enough On Its Own?
Antivirus is installed to protect at the user level, known as endpoint protection, and is designed to detect and block a virus or malware from taking root on a user’s computer, or worse, accessing a network to which the user is connected.
Because of antivirus’ limited capabilities, it’s unprepared to deal with a range of modern cybercrime threats:
- Advanced Threats: An antivirus’ ability to spot threats is dependent on prior knowledge of those threats, meaning it looks for a known virus “signature”. As cybercriminals evolve their attack methods, they can easily circumvent basic antivirus signature defenses with “zero day” attacks that traditional antivirus programs cannot detect.
- Polymorphic Malware: Again, the signature-based tools that traditional antivirus software relies on can be negated by employing malware that avoids known signatures.
- Malicious Documents: Antivirus programs can’t spot a threat when it’s disguised as a harmless document, and this attack vector is being used more and more often.
- Fileless Malware: By executing its processes in-memory, malware can avoid being spotted by antivirus programs that only scan files.
- Encrypted Traffic: Cybercriminals can also hide their activity in encrypted traffic, preventing your antivirus from ever noticing them.
The point is that, on its own, traditional antivirus software is not enough to defend you.
That’s why you should leave your cybersecurity to Discovery IT—we equip you with our robust Extended Detection & Response (XDR) cybersecurity solution, coupled with our world-class services.
What Is XDR?
Developed to provide advanced cybersecurity defenses, XDR is a complete cybersecurity solution that protects systems before, during, and after a malware attack, employing different technologies and methodologies where necessary. XDR will protect you from a range of threats, including:
- Malware: Whether it’s conventional malware such as trojans, ransomware, worms, backdoors, or memory-only, XDR will keep it off your systems.
- Exploits: Cybercriminals can hide exploits in Office documents, Adobe files, automated macros, and spear-phishing emails, as well as penetrate your systems while you browse the web. XDR keeps you safe from both.
- Live/Insider: You also have to protect yourself from insider and active threats – Powershell, WMI, PowerSploit, VBS, Mimikatz… the list goes on and on. XDR actively detects and eliminates these threats before they cause any damage.
What Will XDR Do That Your Antivirus Software Can’t?
Traditional Antivirus Vulnerabilities:
Evolve Your Cybersecurity With Discovery IT XDR
Standard, free trial, consumer-grade cybersecurity solutions won’t cut it anymore. Not when it comes up against the types of malware that cybercriminals are using today.
If you want to stay safe, you need to invest in something more advanced—something like our XDR Cybersecurity Service.
If you want to stay safe, you need to invest in more advanced protection. If you’re unsure of where to begin with XDR, don’t worry, you don’t have to handle it alone.
Discovery IT will help you assess your security needs, consider your IT budget, and develop a robust cybersecurity defense including our XDR solution.