If you are a Network Engineer/Technician with experience & drive, keep reading!! Based in Nederland, TX, we are a fun, exciting, and envelope-pushing I.T. company that thrives on helping businesses of all sizes run smoothly. Due to growth and demand for our services, we are in need of an experienced engineer/technician that possesses strong networking understanding & troubleshooting skills.
What You’ll Be Doing:
– Engineering, configuring, installing, maintaining, monitoring, upgrading, and troubleshooting client networks, including firewalls, routers, switches, remote access systems (including VPN’s), fiber networks, and network management systems.
– Deploying IP-based network solutions and systems, including telephony and video surveillance.
-Performing new hardware/software installations and upgrades.
-Performing remote and on-site troubleshooting of network connectivity, hardware, and software.
– Working across teams to identify root causes and recommend solutions to the team.
– Documenting fixes and sharing knowledge base.
-Learning the company culture, policies and procedures, and technical trouble shooting requirements to be able to help customers effectively.
What You Need to Be Successful in This Position:
– Typically requires Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field; may have advanced degree, certification, or additional professional training
– 5-7 years of I.T. related experience preferred
– Clear understanding of IP protocols, firewalls/routing/switching, LAN/WAN/VPN, servers
– Network experience troubleshooting connectivity issues, DHCP, and DNS
– Strong organizational & planning skills
– Passionate about following jobs/projects to completion and providing excellent customer experiences
– Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines for assigned projects
What’s In It For You:
* Competitive Pay
* PTO and paid holidays
* 401(K) Plan with employer match
* Major Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer match
* The opportunity to work with and learn from a close knit and highly motivated team and great company culture
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee will frequently be required to drive to and from customer work sites.
Employees must hold a valid Texas driver’s license at all times.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Discovery Information Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.