What Are Managed IT Services?
7 Benefits For Companies In Beaumont/Port Arthur Texas
One of the most common questions we are asked is, “What are Managed IT Services?” The simple answer is that Managed IT Services provide peace of mind for your business–the peace of mind that your technology (IT network devices, workstations, servers, software, data security, mobile devices and more) is being actively managed to keep your business running smoothly and your confidential information safe.
How Do Managed IT Services Differ From Break/Fix Services?
Managed IT Services is a business model where companies hire professional IT people to monitor, manage and maintain their entire IT infrastructure. Instead of calling a break/fix IT company that only visits when something goes wrong or needs attention, you have a full team of IT specialists working for you around the clock. This benefits your business because your technology will receive regular proactive maintenance.
Break/Fix services are reactive. This means that your IT isn’t monitored for reliability and security. It sets you up for downtime. Just a few days of downtime can set you back in productivity. And, when you can’t work, you aren’t making money.
The goal of Managed IT Services it to lower your IT costs and prevent problems in the first place. A Managed Service Provider (MSP) can remotely monitor the health of your IT system proactively and on a 24/7 basis. This Remote Monitoring & Management sends alerts when errors appear allowing your MSP to correct issues before they become real problems. Plus, they can typically fix issues remotely and quickly before you even notice that anything is wrong.
Why Do We Need Managed IT Services?
Managed IT Services promote uptime. The goal of managed services it to lower your IT costs and keep your technology running at peak performance.
- Because your IT system is monitored proactively, your IT professional is familiar with it. If there’s a problem, they can usually get you back up and running quickly.
- You have a Service Level Agreement with your MSP that includes all the services and support needed to keep your technology running reliably and securely.
- You can easily budget for IT services because your costs are predictable.
- With Remote Monitoring & Management, IT interruptions, downtime and breaches are minimized.
- You’ll have 24/7 service and access to a help desk that’s staffed by experienced IT professionals. This means you’ll always have immediate, expert-level support.
- With IT solutions that run as they should, your staff will remain productive. Plus, they won’t have to worry about IT problems and can focus on their work.
- Servers, routers, computers, etc., actually last longer and perform better when they receive regular maintenance. If you wait until something breaks, then you’re basically shortening the life of your technology. And computing equipment can be expensive. In the long run, you’ll save money and experience fewer technology headaches.
What Is A Managed Service Provider?
A Managed Services Provider (MSP) is an information technology services company. They hire engineers and technical engineers who are experienced and certified in industry solutions like:
- Trend Micro
- And more
With a wide range of experienced technicians, a managed IT company can address just about any type of problem you might experience. They don’t just fix broken computers—They can help you develop a new design for your Wi-Fi or install new cabling to accommodate video surveillance cameras.
They also offer a wide range of other services that can benefit your business including:
- IT Consulting
- Cloud Services
- Backup & Disaster Recovery Services
- Cybersecurity Services
- Network Support & Assessments
- Email/Spam Protection
- Hosted Solutions
- Network & Mobile Computing
- Remote Storage Services
- Business Phone systems
- Video Surveillance
- Cabling Services
- Audio-Visual systems and services
- PCI Compliance
What Are 7 More Benefits Of Using Managed IT Services?
1. You Only Pay For What You Require.
Managed Service Providers (MSPs) typically offer various service packages that can be customized, so you get only what you need at a price that fits your budget. Your Service Level Agreement (SLA) will outline your services, prices and guarantees.
Many companies prefer this type of agreement because it covers anything and everything that could go wrong with their IT equipment for the same price each month. This alleviates any worries about your network, plus it typically provides worry-free maintenance that will keep your technology in the best working condition.
2. Early Issue Detection Reduces IT Interruptions and Downtime.
Day-to-day computer issues often don’t get noticed right away. Managed IT Providers run monitoring and reporting tools that identify these hidden defects around the clock. They will report their findings when a potential problem gets discovered. This way, the problem gets fixed before it causes costly downtime and frustration for your employees.
3. Remote Technical IT Support Shortens Response Times.
In most cases, workstation issues can get solved remotely, eliminating the expense and time for a technician to make an on-site visit and assessment. This is a fast, easy way to resolve common computing issues so your employees can get right back to work.
4. IT Detects/Repairs Hidden Problems & Security Issues.
The break/fix model of IT service forces companies to pay high incident fees. Undetected IT issues typically turn into expensive break/fix fee incidents. This happens when a system isn’t monitored correctly. When server and network outages reoccur, this is a sign there may be deeper problems that could be expensive to repair. Managed IT Services use Remote Management and Monitoring (RMM) solutions on a 24/7 basis to detect and correct these hidden issues automatically. It can also help identify cybersecurity threats and assist you with blocking them before they can lock down or steal your data.
5. Managed IT Helps Avoid Unanticipated Costs.
When mission-critical technology fails, this can cost your company in several ways. First of all, your operations are disrupted, and your employees can’t work. During any downtime, employees still get paid (often overtime to catch up). If you have in-house tech support, this usually means paying them overtime to resolve issues. In the meantime, you’re losing business and revenue. Managed IT Services prevent these unanticipated costs.
6. Using Managed IT Services Can Drive Revenue.
When your IT works as it should, it will significantly increase your employees’ productivity and efficiency. They can get more done in less time. And, your Managed IT Provider serves the role of a consultant to ensure you’re using the right technology to help you meet your goals. From new solutions to better internal practices, your goals can be achieved more cost-effectively.
7. You Can Supplement Your Internal IT Department When They Need Assistance.
Co-Managed IT Services ensure that you’ll have experienced IT people on hand whenever you need them. If a critical technology problem crops up that no one on your IT staff can resolve, you’ll have IT pros with many years of experience to step in. If you take on a new project and your tech staff needs someone to fill in with day-to-day support, an MSP can work up a monthly plan that suits your needs.
These are only 7 benefits of using Managed IT Services. There are many more. Be sure to check out these articles:
Importance of Managed IT Services in Improving Your Business Operations
6 Top Tips To Why Outsourcing IT Support Makes Sense
4 Rock Solid Reasons Why Outsourcing Your IT Support Is A Smart Move